An intensive outpatient program (IOP) treats people with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health illnesses. This program is ideal for those who do not require detox or supervision. An IOP is an alternative to residential treatment. It aims to establish psychosocial support and produce relapse management and coping strategies.
An IOP provides several weekly hours of individual, group, and family therapy and integrated therapies. An IOP is perfect for a person transitioning from residential treatment and needs a part-time intensive schedule to accommodate work, school, and family life.
Clients often participate in the program for three to four hours daily, three to five days weekly. The objective is to establish a solid patient base as they switch to less intensive treatment.
Some of the services offered in IOP include:
- Individual counseling. A therapist will meet with you weekly to work through any underlying problems and strengthen your emotional coping skills.
- Group counseling. A client can choose from a variety of groups to attend on a daily basis. Some include 12-step groups, health and wellness, and life skill training.
- Family counseling. Family members are encouraged to attend counseling with you to support your recovery progress.
- Nutrition and fitness counseling. Some groups teach clients how to care for their bodies properly.
- Career and education planning: These services allow clients to set goals and build a fulfilling life in recovery.
- Spiritual counseling: Clients can build self-worth and gratitude while exploring life’s purpose.
You are not alone if you or a loved one is struggling with addiction or a substance use disorder. Get help today and start your journey to a substance-free lifestyle. Here at Cypress Lake Recovery, our intake team will fully assess any mental health conditions via our dual diagnosis program. Our addiction counselors will recommend residential, partial hospitalization, or intensive outpatient programs.
Cypress Lake Recovery specializes in addiction treatment in a serene, remote, lush-green, oxygen-enriched environment. The program encompasses holistic addiction therapy and offers yoga and meditation for the mind, body, and soul. The focus is on physical, mental, and emotional well-being by generating the balance of life-enriching treatment, wellness, and healthy, sober, sustainable relationships.